I offer Group Supervision for Counsellors and Psychotherapist in Dublin 15 or if you have an existing Group I can offer facilitation at your location.
Who is Supervision for?
All professional practitioners reflect on their practice with the aim of expanding and deepening their practice over time by attending their supervisor on a regular basis.
My Approach to Supervision
• Supervision has an educative role in the professional development of the practitioner through reflection on their practice and self awareness.
• Supporting the practitioner in understanding emotional issues that arise in her/his practice which can induce stress.
• A mechanism for developing competence to assist in improving the quality of client care and self care for the practitioner.
What Supervision can provide for you?
• A supportive and safe place to talk about the realities of your practice.
• Supervisees’ are encouraged to talk about difficult areas of the work environment in an attempt to gain understanding.
• The support and safety of supervision is enhanced by clearly negotiated contract by all parties with regards to the extent and limits of confidentiality.
• A challenging and facilitative relationship.
• An invitation for self monitoring and self accountability.
• Supervisees’ have the space to ventilate emotion without fear of reprisals.
• The opportunity to deal with material and issues that practitioners may be carrying for many years. The chance to talk about issues which cannot be easily talked about in the work situation and which may have gone unexplored.
I am an accredited member of Irish Association of Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP) and am bound by it’s Code of Ethic and Practice. See IAHIP website www.iahip.org/professional-conduct.
Gerry O Farrell MIAHIP
Irish Association Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP) Accredited Supervisor